Early next year, we can welcome the meaner looking Toyota 86. At first glance, there are immediate new front and back end designs that stand out from the previous model.
What to expect on the outside:
- Brand new front fender using a significant intake that stretches over the width of the coupe
- Updated bonnet
- LED headlights and taillights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Redesigned back fender
- Rear bumper
- Rear wing
What to expect from the interior:
- Enhanced sound controls
- Silver stitching
- New steering wheel and doors panel wrapped in a Grandlux fabric,bringing a ‘soft’ feel to the interior
What to expect under the hood:
- Improved 2-liter four cylinder engine, using Toyota's D-4S direct injection technology
- Adds a 5 horsepower bump, to 205, and adds 8 pound-feet of torque, to 158.
- The snappy six speed manual gearbox remains, contributing to the car's fun-driving character.
According to an insider at Motoring.com.au “Engineers have focused on friction reduction engineering and a more efficient intake manifold design that will boost power and torque by around five per cent, while improving fuel efficiency by up to seven per cent.”
Check out our 86 Range at Chatswood Toyota today!